We first visit the central equisite architectural feats of the ancient “Koricancha” Temple, and the Principal Cathedral. Then the tour moves to the arqueological park complex of Saqsayhuamán,quenqo,puka pukara,tambomachay
From 1.30 pm until 6.30 pm
Visits in Cusco (two sites)
- The Cathedral ( the main church of Cusco )
- Koricancha ( the main templo of the inkas )
- Visits outside of Cusco ( four main inka sites)
- Puca Pucara
Day 1: City tour
1.30pm meet at the predetermined location for transport. We first visit the central equisite architectural feats of the ancient “Koricancha” Temple, and the Principal Cathedral, in which the first stone was placed in 1560, is a marvel of the religious art possessing approximately 300 paintings from the Cusqueña School.
Then, the tour moves to the arqueological park complex of Saqsayhuamán, majestic place with impressive works in stone, some up to 120 tons. Q’enqo (Labyrinth) a religious center dedicated to the adoration of the Earth. Puca Pucara (reddish place) that was used as a military control center, and a mandatory stop for all travelers of the Inca era.
Tambomachay (Temple of the Water) a center of adoration and worship of water
- Private tourist transport
- van for 12 person or bus for 20 person
- Excellent English speaking tour guide
- Visit to main Cathedral and Qorikancha and the Four Archeological Sites
(approximate duration of visits):
- SAQSAYHUAMAN 40 minutes
- QENQO 30 minutes
- PUCAPUCARA 20 minutes
- TAMBOMACHAY 20 minutes
What is not Included:
- Entrance fees to the sites (Cusco Tourist Ticket 130 soles approx US$45)
- Same ticket can be used for Sacred Valley Tour
- Half price for students with ISIC card.
- Entrance to Koricancha (or Qorikancha) 10 soles
- Entrance to Cathedral 25 soles (the visit of the Cathedral is optional as many people prefer not to visit now that it is more expensive so there is the option to have afternoon tea in a restored Colonial house / hotel if you prefer during this part of the tour)
- Alternatively you can purchase a partial ticket which allows a one day visit of just the 4 Archeological sites if you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros
- Cusco Tourist Ticket it cost 130 soles approx US$45* includes the admition to Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm.
Group Service Private Service
US$ 12 per person
US$ 140 in total for 2-6 persons (7+ persons – please enquire)